Dental Bridges Near You
Dental bridges in Richmond Hill are a fixed solution where a patient has gaps in their smile restored. They are artificial teeth (known as pontics) that are anchored securely to adjacent natural teeth or dental implants.
What They Help With
Dental bridges offer solutions for filling gaps caused by missing teeth. They enhance chewing ability, speech, and aesthetics, preventing neighboring teeth from shifting out of place.
Types of Dental Bridges
- Traditional Bridge – This common type involves creating crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap, with a pontic suspended between them.
- Cantilever Bridge – Suitable when there’s only one natural tooth adjacent to the gap. This bridge is anchored in by attaching to an adjacent tooth.
- Maryland Bonding Bridge – Also called a resin-bonded bridge, it uses metal or porcelain wings attached to adjacent teeth for support. It’s often used for front teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Enhanced Aesthetics – When you receive dental bridges in Richmond Hill, they restore your smile’s natural appearance by replacing missing teeth.
- Improved Function – Chewing, biting, and speaking become easier, improving overall oral function.
- Prevent Misalignment – Bridges prevent neighboring teeth from shifting, maintaining proper dental alignment.
- Boosted Confidence – A complete smile enhances self-esteem and confidence in social interactions.
- Stability – Bridges are securely anchored, providing stability and comfort during daily activities.
Process of Receiving a Dental Bridge Near You
- A consultation will be had with one of our dentists to make sure that a dental bridge is the most suitable route for you to take and discuss your preferences.
- If adjacent teeth are involved, they might be reshaped to accommodate crowns. Impressions are taken for bridge fabrication.
- While the permanent bridge is being crafted, a temporary bridge is placed to protect exposed teeth.
- Skilled technicians create a custom bridge using your impressions and specifications.
- Once ready, the permanent bridge is checked for fit, bite, and aesthetics.
- The bridge is cemented into place, firmly secured between natural teeth or implants.
- A follow-up could be booked to make sure that the bridge is functioning optimally.
Are You Searching For Dental Bridges Near You?
Ready to explore options regarding dental bridges in Richmond Hill and determine the best fit for your needs. Schedule a consultation with us at Tooth Matters. Our skilled team can assess your dental health, guide you through the process, and craft a tailored plan to restore your smile.